Forward Air (NASDAQ: FWRD) is a leading asset-light freight and logistics company, providing less-than-truckload (“LTL”), truckload, intermodal and pool distribution services across the United States and in Canada. We are a highly respected transportation and logistics Company with revenues in excess of $1B annually. As an industry leader, we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Cargo Handler
Forward Air is seeking capable and career-oriented individuals to work in our fast-paced shipping/dock operation. Our Cargo Handlers are responsible for loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight is required. All necessary training and materials for this position are provided.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the loading/unloading of 53 ft. commercial trailers and the operation of scanners
- Use handheld scanners to efficiently track and maneuver freight through our distribution network
- Accurately label boxes and prepare freight for shipment
- Safely load and unload trailers by utilizing equipment such as hand trucks/pallets jack and forklifts
- Must be able to obtain certification and safely operate forklift and other machinery as required
- Verify documentation and condition of freight to assure quality standards are achieved
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Forklift and general freight handling knowledge is a plus
- Must be 18 or older
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.