|Title||Cargo Warehouse Agent|
|Description||Full Time Cargo Agents Warehouse|
Start rate $16.00 per hour
Receives, store, build-up, break-down and distribute air freight within operational guidelines. Position requires: heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching and frequent kneeling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read air waybills, bills of landing and freight manifests to determine the items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
• Convey freight from receiving areas to storage or to other warehouse areas using forklift or other designated handling equipment.
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as consignee or destination.
• Sort and store dangerous goods in proper area.
• Complete requisitions, work orders or request for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to other locations.
• Open bales, crates, and other containers for break down. Record counts of items received or distributed.
• Weighs and counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards and airway bill.
• Performs cargo build-up and/or breakdowns, freight to and/or from skid, pallets or ULDs.
• Perform X-ray or other pre-flight security checks on manifested cargo as required
• Ensure that work areas are clean and hazard free of loose nets, strap, etc.
• Must practice all company’s Safety Policy inclusive of, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting procedures or obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles and equipment.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record over the past 5 years.
• Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to lift at least 30 kgs on a continuous basis
• Must pass Transport Canada Background check.
• Prior Cargo experience & Fork lift certification preferred