The Carpenter Foreman performs skilled framing carpenter work while leading a crew of carpenters and laborers to complete assigned projects. The crew will have 2-10 employees working on various commercial projects throughout the Denver area.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Sr. Project Manager, Self-Perform Framing to successfully complete wood framing work by leading a crew of 2-10 employees.
- Manage timely availability of wood frame materials, components and storage for same.
- Execute work at various project site locations which may change from day to day.
- Coordinate a wide variety of skilled carpenter work: rough framing, backout, building specialty items (benches to greenhouses, installing or repairing siding, windows, decks and balconies).
- Provide regular updates to Sr. Project Manager, Self-Perform Framing on project completion status.
- Ensure compliance with Shaw’s safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Shaw GC Superintendents.
- Self-review work in alignment with Shaw’s 123 QA/QC Program
- Train and direct carpenters and laborers on framing, siding and other wood carpenter tasks.
- Operate light machinery, forklift, aerial lift, skid steer, platform lift.
- Maintain clean worksite free of debris
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years skilled carpenter experience with wide range of knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and effectively coordinate work flow at project sites
- High School or GED level education
- Commercial Multi-Family, Multi-Unit Experience
- Ability to understand safety requirements, be aware of safety hazards and work safely at all times.
- Ability to read, understand and follow blueprints, plans and specifications
- Ability to lead, train and coach assigned crew
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Maintain a clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Strong physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance. Must be able to concentrate on tasks