Process and complete all work orders and projects related to carpentry while also supporting the general maintenance needs of Delaware North at Grand Canyon.Responsibilities
- Handle all work orders regarding carpentry, interior and exterior, in a timely, thorough and cost effective manner.
- Maintain high levels of quality control throughout carpentry projects.
- Order supplies for projects, ensuring that material(s) are matched, and/or approved materials, especially regarding the historic structures.
- Maintain a clean work site and do cleanup of site to housekeeping standards.
- Prioritize work orders for carpentry, based on guestroom occupancy, weather, and National Park Service requirements.
- Provide training and development to assigned personnel.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies concerning tasks.
- Wear required personal protective equipment in performance of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four-years experience as a commercial grade carpenter as well as possess experience to do ten of the following thirteen items.
- Ability to install and repair all types of wooden and metal windows.
- Ability to repair and install all types of wooden and metal doors.
- Ability to install and repair drywall.
- Ability to install sheet metal such as stacks, ducts, flashings, gutters and downspouts.
- Ability to lay out and construct all phases of rough carpentry.
- Ability to lay out doors all types of millwork, such as cabinets, counter tops, shelving, windows and doors.
- Ability to mix, pour and finish concrete of all types such as footers, stemwalls, slabs, sidewalks and steps.
- Ability to install and repair masonry structures, including the mixing of mortar and laying block and brick.
- Ability to install and repair all types of tile including walls, ceilings and floors.
- Ability to install and repair all type of roofing including shingles, shakes, composition and metal.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to give an accurate estimate of time and material necessary for a given project.
- Working knowledge of safe operation of power tools/equipment.
- Possess valid Arizona’s Driver’s License, and comply with the Delaware North Grand Canyon Company Vehicle Policy.
- Ability to complete tasks including ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including summer heat and winter storms.
- Ability to carry heavy objects between 50 and 100 pounds consistently
- Must be able to do a variety of physical activities including but not limited to climbing, bending and crawling.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.