Carpenter I - ( STA004488 ) Carpenter 1
Organization : H0192 Minor In-House Construction
Under direct supervision, constructs, installs, repairs and renovates structures and fixtures of university offices, suites and laboratories.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings and instructions to build, maintain and repair various types of facilities and structures.
- Performs demolition of offices, classrooms, and labs prior to renovations.
- Designs and builds custom cabinets, shelving and furniture, such as plastic laminate, drawer glides, adjustable shelves, cabinet locks and latches.
- Constructs walls using both metal and word stud framing; installs drywall, tapes and floats.
- Paints facility and/or structure per specifications.
- Constructs, erects, installs and repairs door frames and closures; mortises door hinges.
- Designs, installs and modifies suspended ceilings; designs and/or constructs lay out design for ceiling tiles and installs the tiles and acoustical grid. Works with other departments in designing light layouts and location of drops.
- Cuts and lays vinyl composition floor tile, sheet vinyl, rubber floor tile; applies and cuts ceramic tile on walls and floors.
- Installs and cuts glass in doors, windows, office partitions, fire hose cabinets etc.
- May serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job -related duties as assigned.
Qualifications High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
Note : Applicants please include 3 professional references with your attachments.
Salary : 15.02 - 19.15
Required Attachments by Candidate : Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Employee Status : Regular/Benefits
Job Posting : May 23, 2019, 7:08:22 PM