*This is a position we are always accepting applications for, but currently do not have any openings.
C. S. McCrossan is a diversified highway/heavy civil general contractor, which provides construction infrastructure services to federal, state, county and municipal transportation departments. We are committed to managing our resources for the benefit of our clients and employees, and providing the highest standard of quality and safety in the completion of our projects. Our innovative approach in both construction and project management has yielded successful partnerships with government and private agencies. We value collaboration and cooperation and believe in extending respect and courtesy to everyone.
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: Varies
- Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/GED
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Carpenters at C. S. McCrossan work in concrete carpentry. The work done by Carpenters at C. S. McCrossan involves constructing footings/forms and hydraulic jack/floor systems for the production of concrete ground, wall and bridge surfaces in a commercial construction environment. A carpenter must have the ability to read blueprints/plans and to measure accurately for form placement. Carpenters assist in the pouring process, and may also erect scaffolding around the building/bridge structures as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with hand signals.
- General knowledge of the heavy highway construction industry
Essential Job Functions
- Shovel dirt
- Prying and setting forms
- At times, make custom concrete forms out of wood
- Assist in the pouring process
- Erect scaffolding as needed
- Pull pins from the ground/wall surface to remove forms
- Construct guardrails
- Frequent use of various hand tools
- Load and unload construction materials and equipment from trucks as needed
- May assist in demolition process if requested
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Additional carpenter construction duties as assigned
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending and walking
- Excellent balance for walking on steel beams, while tied off
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders often
- Constant pushing and pulling
- Work on rough terrain
- Demonstrate or be corrected to 20/20 vision
- Exposure to various weather conditions
- Exposure to noise, dust and other materials
- Exposure to heavy equipment, power tools and traffic
Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training.
Willingness to carry out other related duties assigned or requested by the Supervisor
Benefits are provided through the union
Thank you for your interest in this position with C. S. McCrossan. To begin the application process, click the apply button above.
C. S. McCrossan