CAPITAL REGION MEDICAL CENTER POSITION DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB
• Performs finish carpentry, building cabinets, counters, shelves and other furniture-like fixtures.
• Performs full finish work in framing wallboard, door and ceiling installation in remodeling.
• Performs hardware installation and repair.
• Repairs damaged furniture and woodwork.
• Operates power tools and hand tools used in the craft.
• Observes any and all safe working procedures during performance of this job.
• Lays out work from blueprints drawings and /or verbal instructions.
• Does material and labor take offs to develop budget estimates.
• Manages time and prioritizes work in accordance with department goals
• Monitors stock needed and places orders for material as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to equipment, buildings, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
• Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
• Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
• Cover surfaces with dropcloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
• Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
• Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
• Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
• Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, and/or sanding machines.
• Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
• Select and purchase tools and finishes for surfaces to be covered.
Education: High School or equivalent (GED)
Experience: 1 to 3 years