Primary Responsibilities: To provide the best “See You Tomorrow” guest experience by taking guests food and beverage orders over the phone, by fax or in person. To hand deliver all carryout food and beverages to guests in store or in their vehicles and to accommodate guests’ needs in a courteous and timely manner following Applebee’s Ten Basic Service Steps and Carside Final Inspection Guidelines.
Special Functions and Duties:
- Takes guests food and beverage orders over the phone, by fax or in person. (25%*)
- Greets and delivers food and drinks to guests following carside guidelines and utilizes Carside Guest Notification Pager System. (25%*)
- Presents guest checks to each carside guest and accepts a form of payment. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge procedure. (10%*)
- Interacts verbally and in person with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. (10%*)
- Relays orders to service bar and kitchen via the point of sale computerized register system. (5%*)
- Observes guests and responds to any additional requests. (5%*)
- Able to build Carside/Togo sales through repeat guests and following J.S. Ventures approved marketing programs. (5%*)
- Participates in the Carside Guest Readiness responsibilities, Carside Station Maintenance responsibilities and Carside “See You Tomorrow” Readiness responsibilities. (15%*)
- Ability to provide excellent guests relations over the phone and in person.
- Ability to deliver guests’ orders to their vehicles in all-weather types.
- Ability to follow security procedures with regards to cash handling and safety outside the building.
- Ability to complete the Carside Guest Readiness responsibilities, Carside Station Maintenance responsibilities and Carside “See You Tomorrow” Readiness responsibilities.
- Transports pre-packaged orders to and from dining room, service bar, kitchen and guests’ vehicles about 30 times per shift.
- Transports glass racks and cases (such as a case of beer) weighing up to 25 pounds up to 15 times per shifts.
- Reading, writing basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during entire shift.
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff and guests. Must have good sense of balance, be able to lift, bend, stoop and kneel and have the ability to frequently lift and bus plates, glasses, trays, etc., weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication.