The Greenville Country Club is currently seeking applicants to fill full time and part time Cart Attendant positions at the Chanticleer Golf Course. The Cart Attendant is responsible for providing exceptional member services by ensuring the golf carts are stocked and ready for golfers and maintaining the range and practice areas to the highest standards. Typical hours vary depending on the season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Follow daily opening procedures as outlined in the Cart Attendant handbook for assigned course.
- Greet each member/guest, unload their bag, record their names, offer services as appropriate.
- Communicate information as necessary with the golf shop by radio.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Starter House each day.
- Prepare and maintain the range for use by members.
- Maintain equipment including golf carts and picker; organize cart barn as needed.
- Keep all areas of the range, practice facility and golf carts fully stocked for members.
- Maintain the readiness of the range for use by members, keep the target greens clear of balls.
- Follow the daily closing procedures as outlined in the Cart Attendant handbook for assigned course.
- Operate all equipment according to safety guidelines and report any safety issues to the supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary to the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be 16 years of age or older with a valid driver license
JOB KNOWLEDGE, CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Knowledge of golf is a plus, but not required
- Positive attitude and good manners are a must
- Ability to work weekends
- Constant movement about the facility and grounds.
- Frequent operation of equipment including picker and golf carts.
- Frequent communication with members, must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Frequent lifting and moving of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Work is mostly outdoors with exposure to varying weather conditions.