The Case Investigator Clinical Lead for San Francisco’s Case Investigation Team collaborates with a dynamic interdisciplinary team of community health workers, medical, nursing, social workers, data liaisons and public health professionals responsible for investigating lab confirmed COVID-19 positive patients. The Clinical Lead reviews the Case Investigators’ submitted interview and documentation, supports and guides Case Investigators in their work, and acts as a resource for the Case Investigation Team. The Clinical Lead also confers with other disciplines within the COVID Command Center Branches and Programs and/or providers from health care systems and facilities, as well as with COVID-19 positive patients when referred by the Case Investigation Team. Comprehensive training is required in advance of participation and support by members of the Case Investigation Team will be given throughout the term of employment. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
Under the direction and guidance of the Clinical Lead Manager, the Case Investigator Clinical Lead is also responsible for conducting case investigations for clients who have a confirmed positive COVID-19 test and providing the list of known contacts to contact tracing colleagues. If needed, the Case Investigator Clinical Lead will refer the case to isolation and quarantine resources, as outlined by standard operating procedures. The Case Investigator Clinical Lead will also attend training as part of their orientation and onboarding and will comply with state and federal regulatory requirements related to protected health information and privacy.
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full time, benefitted position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
• Responsible for overseeing quality of case and contact investigation calls and provide clinical guidance to case investigators, providers, patients,and other members of the Case Investigation Team and COVID-19 Command Center Branch staff.
• Review all completed case interview forms and determine whether further action is needed following each investigation call (e.g. authorizing additional notifications for airlines, businesses, schools, workplaces etc.).
• Provide clinical expertise and support to case interviewers.
• Review and sign off on all case interviews.
• Act as primary point of contact for reviewing and editing the Case Investigator script.
• Participate in a Question and Answer session in each huddle to discuss general issues faced by Case Investigators.
• Work with operations manager to identify process improvement opportunities and identify resource needs.
• Act as a resource for the Case Investigation Team.
• Conduct case investigation interviews with COVID-19 positive patients.
• Documents findings in the Case Investigation’s electronic database platform.
• Completes other duties as needed.
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Ability to conduct chart audits
• Thrives in team-based environment
• Comfortable using technology-based communication (Microsoft Teams)
• Ability to provide timely feedback to Case Investigation staff
• Adaptable to changing work environment and workflows
• Skilled at multi-tasking
• Sensitivity to and experience working with diverse racial/ethnic communities and work experience and interest in infectious diseases.
• MD, PA, NP, or RN
• MD, PA, NP or RN
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to utilize multiple technological platforms (web-based telephony, Microsoft Teams and Office Suite, electronic database)
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary collaboratives
• Experience working in a government agency at the local, state, or national level.
• Experience in public health preparedness and emergency response
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
Office setting, part time field work and/or remote work
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description