Under the general supervision of the Director of Case Management, the primary function of the Case Management Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Case Management department. Responsibilities include maintaining case files, updating referral information, and verifying information related to health insurance or benefits. Role requires interaction with clients, performing intake interviews, assist in implementation of discharge plans in conjunction with Case Managers (CM) or Social Workers (SW).
- Provides clerical support to the department
- Contacts the appropriate post-acute care services for admission and updates facilities of patient's discharge condition and final discharge plans, as part of the implementation of the discharge plan.
- Keeps the CM, SW, patient and their support system and care team updated on progress or changes in the discharge plan.
- Utilizes available resources (community or charity) to develop safest possible discharge plan for patients without resources to afford post-acute care services
- Performs audit activities under the supervision of the Director of Case Management.
Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain. Work environment involves infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
- Associate's Degree, A.D.N. or Two year college degree required.
- Prior hospital or acute care experience preferred; comparable experience will be considered.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: