The Case Manager is responsible for the supervision of adult felony offenders. Develops and implem...Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science or a related field required with one year counseling experience preferred. Experience in half-way house/supervised residential environment and/or corrections management essential. Previous work experience with offenders, drug abusers, or alcoholics preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong problem-solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and recommend appropriate courses of action.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to write cohesive and comprehensive documentation.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner with discretion and integrity.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, community members and other stakeholders.
Ability to show empathy and sensitivity to clients.
• Ability to work independently or in collaboration with others.
• Ability to organize and conduct several tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain a high tolerance to mental stress.
Flexibility in responding to crisis outside of normal business hours and ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
Ability to participate in a 24-hour a day on-call system.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to use correctional software.
Work Environment: This job operates in a correctional residential setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit for various amounts of time. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position functioning in a 24/7 operation. Shifts are eight (8) hours in length and hours and days of work may vary depending on operational requirements.
Travel: Some light travel may be required for this position for meetings, trainings, and to various facilities. All travel must be pre-approved by management.