Provides comprehensive substance abuse services to referred individuals.in the Arizona Families F.I.R.S.T (AFF) program. Position will make available and coordinate a continuum of services based on the needs of each individual which shall include case management, substance abuse assessment and service planning, substance abuse awareness services, alcohol and drug testing and recovery maintenance services. Positions will require travel out of the office within a designated geographic location. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Available to provide services for client in emergencies twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week
- Responsible for receiving referrals and engaging clients within 24 hours, through home visits or telephone contact. Completes documentation regarding all contacts and information regarding the case.
- Responsible for continued outreach and engagement of clients through telephone calls, home visits, and ongoing communication with all members of the substance abuse treatment team
- Participates in the collection and review of all collateral information including but not limited to: social histories, psychological evaluations, judicial records, previous substance abuse treatment information, DCS reports, and obtaining a release of information for everyone involved in the case.
- Coordinates substance abuse assessment including family centered interviews and all required substance abuse tools.
- Responsible for developing and implementing individual service plans, making community referrals, on-going reassessment of the service plans and follow up. Updates service plans bi-annually or as needed.
- Coordinates all services for each individual client, including advocacy, giving information about community resources, etc.
- Provides accurate documentation of services, including identifying resources, writing progress notes, detailed summaries of all services and contracts and submits as required or outlined. Completes monthly progress reports and billing as required.
- Promote ongoing commitment to excellence and continual quality improvement to ensure the highest quality of services to our staff and clients.
- May drive company or personal vehicle on agency business
Suitable work experience may be considered as transferable skills in order to meet minimum requirements of the position and will be considered by the Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- AA Degree with three (3) years of related experience in the field of substance abuse, child welfare or behavioral health
- Ability to relate to families of varied lifestyles, backgrounds, and ethnicities
- Must have knowledge and understanding of human behavior, social work theories and techniques as well as community resources
- Counseling, interviewing assessment and therapeutic relationship skills
- Must be flexible and able to work with the uniqueness of each client
- Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the agency and community
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, sit on floor and ambulate over uneven floor surfaces including stairs and steps
- Ability to visually and auditory assess and interact with clients to ensure their safety and wellbeing
- Requires considerable work outside of the office and substantial driving; requires evening and weekend work on occasion and willingness to be on-call for emergencies
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Proven strong communication skills oral and written are clear, concise, and in an organized fashion using appropriate style, grammar and tone
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle division 39 months Motor Vehicle Report
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Service or Behavior Health-related area
- Additional years of directly related experience
- Bilingual, English / Spanish verbal and written