*Case Manager - Service Coordination*
Service Coordinator is an individual who's primary responsibility is to provide primary assistance to the program applicant/participant in gaining access to needed services Medicaid services, as well as other local, state and federally funded educational, vocational, social, medical, and any other service available to improve their quality of life. Service Coordinator is expected to assure the participant's health and welfare while increasing independence, integration and productivity while living in the community. The Service Coordinator will assist the applicants/participants in obtaining and coordinating the services that are necessary to return to or remain in the community of their choice.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Service Coordinator will:
- Assist the participant (and others involved) to develop and write a plan of services and plan of care.
- Assist the participant in implementing the plan, while assuring that it's implemented appropriately, as well as reviewing its effectiveness.
- Support and encourage the participant to increase his/her ability to problem solve, be in control of life situations, and be independent.
- Work with all providers to ensure that all services are delivered without any interruptions. Be an effective advocate for the participant.
- Meet with the participation as needed.
- Maintain required documentation and case records.
- Attend trainings and meetings as required.
For the candidate to do well, he/she must demonstrate good people's skills, communications skills, be able to work within time limitations, and demonstrate good writing skills. Candidate must also be knowledgeable in medical terminology and medical practices. Experience in health related/human services industry a must.
Bachelors Degree with Human Services Experience
Must own a car. Travel expenses are reimbursed. Please submit resume, contact number, and approximate salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation commensurate with experience.