Plans, implements, and coordinates an array of comprehensive, individualized client services during their residency and in preparation for continuing care and safe, sober housing after discharge. The Case Manager also delivers psychoeducational and motivational enhancement instruction in group and individual settings, and performs administrative duties in support of the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS includes the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Perform patient screening, intake, orientation, and assessment
* Develop or refine an individualized service plan based on assessment and other collateral data; make referrals for services as identified in plans; provide or arrange for patient transportation; and follow up on referrals during residency and for at least 30 days after discharge
* Provide at least three individual case management sessions per patient per week; review individualized service plan, update as needed, and document the review in the patient's record
* Assist patients in developing motivation for recovery and engaging in recovery activities appropriate for the early stages of behavior change
* Document appropriately within client Medical Record
* Assist patients in identifying and linking to appropriate resources for immediate needs and for the next levels of continuing care, safe and sober housing, and other recovery supports; assist patients with interviews and visits to prospective programs and providers; provide or arrange transportation to interviews.
* Conduct psychoeducational and motivation enhancement groups
* Attend staff meetings, case conferences and required training to coordinate with the program team and ensure quality of care and continuity in accordance with clinical policy
* Maintain working relationship with agencies, community resources, and families to coordinate services for patient care; provide information on substance abuse treatment resources and services; make necessary referrals; facilitate follow-up to ensure appropriate services have been delivered; and maintain aftercare follow-up system
* Establish and maintain patient files in accordance with internal, local, state and federal requirements and enter data in computerized and manual admission and discharge systems
* Conduct toxicology screens as needed
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
* Bachelor Degree curriculum from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
* Knowledge of and experience with case management, is required.
* Knowledge of the substance abuse, mental health, health, housing, and community support services in Massachusetts, is required.
* Ability to develop rapport with substance-abusing populations and referral and support systems, is strongly preferred.
* Ability to manage patient services and computerized and manual records, is strongly preferred.
* Ability to comply with internal, local, state and federal requirements and regulations, is strongly preferred.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
* This position has supervisory responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
* Strong clinical skills
* Must be detail oriented
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as be flexible and dependable
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
* Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of
* composition, and grammar
* Principles and processes for providing client services. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of client satisfaction
* Human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders
* Exceptional customer/client service with the ability to resolve service issues
* Exceptional business acumen
* In-depth knowledge of Joint Commission and DHS standards
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
* Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
* Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
* Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
* Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
* Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work
* Being aware of others' reactions, understanding why they react as they do, and adjusting one's own actions in relation to others
* Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
* Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal and written words and sentences.
* Communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand
* Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
* Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions; including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events
* Identify/recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and know who to involve for resolution
* Generate various ideas about a given topic
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
* Desktop computers, fax machines, scanners, copiers
* MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Multi-line telephone systems
* EMR and CRM software
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
* Work is performed in an administrative office setting, therapeutic schools, and client settings
* Duties involve potential contact with individuals who may be threatening, aggressive, suicidal, and/or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
* Must be flexible to work additional hours when necessary
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, taste or smell
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color discrimination, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
HIPAA PRIVACY TRAINING & SANCTIONS
All employees who have access to health information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule are required by the Rule to receive training so that they have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities and of the group health plan's policies and procedures that impact on their job duties. Site specific training on requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the plan's health information policies and procedures under the direction of the plan privacy officer may be required for this position based upon site specific requirement. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled