Join Community Services Group (CSG) as a Case Manager II for our IntensiveCase Management Program in Lancaster, PA and find meaning in your work every day.
As an essential employer, CSG is continuing to hire while following universal precautions and safe practices to minimize risk of COVID-19 to both current and future employees, the individuals we serve, and our community members. We are continuously updating our policies and protocols to support our employees and their lifestyles.
As aCase Manager II, you willprovide casework services to assist individuals and their families in achieving their optimum level of functioning. You will exercise clinical/casework skills and considerable independent judgment, decision making, and creativity in facilitating the individual's/family's personal growth and enhancing the stability of their social network.
Successful Case Managers at CSG, are caring, compassionate and dedicated professionals who enjoy helping to improve the lives of others in their community.
- Full-Time position (40 hrs/wk) Monday to Friday hours from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs to be considered. On-call required occasionally.
- Professional development opportunities, including on the job training.
- Every day is a different adventure.
CSG offers Health Insurance & Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance - Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Extensive paid training.
- Career Development Opportunities.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT support.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling, or education; OR anassociate's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling, or education plus 5 years of paid experience in human services.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we can do great things!
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit www.csgonline.org and click on Join Our Team!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.