Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Human Services, Social Worker, and Psychology Students, are you looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your education and career working with one of the region’s most respected health care organizations? Join us at Chestnut Health Systems. We are a private, not-for-profit charitable organization offering comprehensive scope of integrated health care that is focused on Recovery & Trauma-Informed Care, that is patient centered, whole person care including primary care and behavioral care.
This is an exciting opportunity for Human Services, Social Worker, and Psychology Students interested in gaining practical experiences by providing:
- Situational and behavioral intervention to clients,
- Individual and group client experiences, and
- Assistance to clients needing help developing independent living skills and accessing community resources, while working collaboratively the other members of Chestnut Health Systems to provide an integrated approach to care.
Flexible scheduling to meet the many demands of your life; easy to fit with your class schedules with 24/hours available!
Educational assistance is available for medical assistant and nursing students.
Part-time employees may be eligible for 401k retirement and employee assistance programs. This opportunity also offers the possibility to advance to a full-time position with excellent
- disability benefits,
- 401k retirement savings, and
- Employee assistance program.
Bring your enthusiasm and compassion to help others and we will provide you with a nurturing, caring, and educational environment in which to work. Contact us today; we definitely want to hear from you!
**Chestnut Health Systems is seeking PRN (as needed) Case Managers at out 24-hour supported housing and Crisis Residential sites in BOTH Madison & St. Clair County, IL.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Must be willing to work 2 shifts a month
- Complete required data entry and paperwork in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to opening and closing requirements, admit notes, assessments, treatment/recovery plans, progress notes and any other funder requirements:
- Provide services identified in treatment/recovery/safety plan that are consumer driven and meet the program requirements, including maintaining a minimum of assigned productivity, and detox services, when assigned to the CRU/Detox.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness by assisting consumers with regaining control over their own lives through self-directed recovery; including utilizing recovery language in all applicable documentation and especially focus on ensuring a trauma-informed care environment.
- Provide for referral, linkage and advocacy to recommended community resources especially involving internal program referrals, support networks, substance use treatment, veteran services and discharge placements to promote self-sufficiency and independence, when possible.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and with the community, especially with referral sources, emergency personnel, substance use, hospitals, other medical and managed Medicaid staff and support networks, to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary, including: Attending and ensuring supporting documentation of 100% of monthly, required Rule 132 supervision, and attending all mandatory and recommended Chestnut trainings.
- Answer in-coming phone calls and messages, receive and distribute mail, and observe video surveillance equipment where applicable, to resolve all inquiries as indicated.
- Work closely with co-workers, supervisor, facility & utility staff and tenant/resident, to ensure a safe & sanitary living environment, including completing program’s overnight shift responsibilities checklist including but not limited to housekeeping duties, when working overnight shifts.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have demonstrated skills in human services and in the field of services to adults
- Must also have demonstrated the ability to work within the organization structure and accept supervision, and have demonstrated the ability to work constructively with consumers, treatment resources and the community.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and electronic medical record (EMR)
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled