Are you looking for meaningful work? Do you have a passion for making a difference in people's lives? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you! When you join the UCPLA team, you help us bring independence to adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) to develop and monitor training goals for adults with developmental disabilities at our group homes. As a QIDP, you are responsible for working closely with our residents to understand and gauge their level of physical and cognitive ability for the purpose of designing training goals. Responsible for coordinating all individual services internally as well as externally with outside consultants and therapists in order to create comprehensive training and life skills programs. These programs include proper feeding techniques, behavior management, communication and socialization goals, physical therapy goals, occupational therapy goals, the use of adaptive equipment, and other activities of daily living objectives. The QIDP is also responsible for ensuring annual and on-going training for facility Direct Support Professional in the area of person-centered programming.
The QIDP, in the absence of the Administrator, may be responsible for assuming duties and responsibilities of the Administrator, including being on-call for emergency situations. The QIDP communicates closely with the Administrator, RN, Director of Client Services, and others.
- Design training programs for adults with developmental disabilities
- Supervise the development and implementation of each resident’s Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Oversee and monitor individual goals, objectives, training programs, feeding programs, proper feeding techniques, and the use of adaptive equipment
- Act as liaison between facility and community programs, bus company, and other agencies
- Attend all resident meetings
- Document monthly individual progress
- Initiate review as necessary for modifications or adjustments needed for ISPs
- Oversee evaluations conducted by consultants and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Supervise and implement Behavior Management Programs
- Oversee Direct Support Professional evaluations
- Assure quality care of all residents
- Monitor and secure resident financial accounts
- Other duties as assigned
Case Manager - QIDP Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field such as Social Services or Marriage and Family Therapy
- Current CPR Certificate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Interest in working with people with developmental disabilities
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Ability to successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, lift, and transfer individuals
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.