Office Location: Arroyo Green - Redwood City, CA
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents.
The Case Manager plays a vital role in engaging supportive housing residents and providing services to help them maintain stable housing and achieve self-sufficiency. The Case Manager supports residents in special needs housing to retain housing and develop goals for enrichment, stability, wellness and recovery. The Case Manager also supports behavioral changes which reduces mental health symptoms and improve daily function. The role facilitates linkage to community resources and 3rd party contracted partners for residents as needed.
Must be able to travel between Redwood City to Cupertino.
Program Efficacy & Efficiency
- Delivers onsite programs, ensures implementation of programs at assigned locations to meet agreed internal standards and objectives and applicable regulatory expectations.
- Conducts door-to-door, phone, e-mail outreach and other marketing strategies to make residents aware of services offered.
- Prepares and submits all necessary program documentation by MidPen and external agencies as required.
- Assists in and/or provides crisis intervention and follow-up (including but not limited to child abuse or adult abuse reporting), implements mandated reporting policies and procedures.
- Provides direct case management services for identified residents who exhibit signs of functional impairment, including support to develop independent living skills.
- Prepares group and one-on-one services to residents and supports community building activities at assigned properties.
- Works with the residents to support independent living and personal and professional goals
- Educates residents about programmatic options and advocates for residents’ needs.
- Familiar with Services’ partnership goals and selection criteria; engages with property-level partners to support these goals/criteria and communicates with supervisors where improvements may be needed.
- Collaborates well with local community agencies in proximity to assigned property.
- Monitors provisions of services provided by partners at assigned property.
- Supports property-level needs assessments and associated follow-up (e.g. community meetings).
- Participates in development of property plan that is responsive to resident needs.
- Communicates and executes actions based on needs assessment.
- Maintains accurate property-level records and files (including but not limited to entering data and tracking all service activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis).
- Ensures timely property-level reports, consistent with Services’ policies, procedures and trainings.
Effective Team Building
- Participates in staff and team meetings, trainings, group outings and other site sponsored events.
- Apprises direct supervisor of activities and incidents in a timely manner.
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with Property Management and colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S.W. or M.A. degree in psychology, counseling, or related field and 1-year full-time experience serving the needs of senior populations and special needs (mental illness, substance use, co-occurring disorders).
- B.A. or B.S. degree in the same fields with 3 years full-time experience serving these populations or a combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working with and serving homeless populations and/or providing social services to diverse populations.
- Experience using and administering multiple assessment tools and interpreting information/data derived from assessments.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate solid judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills when working with families and students.
- Effectively uses Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, Zoom, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and other technology tools to support interactions with peers and supervisor.
- Offers exemplary customer service and responsiveness to residents.
- Experience with collaborating with local service providers and assisting with implementing and coordinating programs and services.
- Willing to learn, committed to improving and staying abreast of exemplary practices in the field of social services for special needs populations.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, proof of current auto insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.