Under the direction of the Director and or the Operations Manager of Case Management performs Utilization Review and Discharge Planning for assigned patients. Analyzes medical record for medical necessity, level of care and appropriate utilization of hospital services. Provides assistance to patients and their family in planning discharge and after care of patients. Assesses needs, identifies resources to support discharge requirements and develops formal discharge plans.
1. Education: BSN preferred.
2. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of . BLS Required.
3. Experience: Three (3) years acute medical surgical nursing and at least one (1) year of utilization review, case management, or discharge planning experience in an acute care hospital required unless posting
specifies as a training position.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Demonstrates sufficient manual dexterity to operate office equipment, including computer terminals, printers, copiers with reasonable speed and ability to move throughout the Hospital.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Ability to relate effectively, tactfully and professionally to co-workers, physicians, patient and other staff members.