Provide social work services to OEHC patients and their families including counseling regarding the financial, social, and psychological aspects of occupational disease. Assess patient’s needs, develop action plans directed towards resolving issues including crisis intervention, education about illness and injury and common responses, financial issues, and referrals to community agencies and other services, as appropriate. Coordinate and facilitate non-medical or non-clinical care between patient, providers, and community resources.
- Assess OEHC patient’s needs.
- Develop, facilitate and communicate a plan of care for patients with multiple medical, social and or mental health needs in partnership with the patient, his/her significant other, case manager, and providers to meet patient’s needs. Continuously evaluate plan of care and revise as needed.
- Provide direct counseling and educational services to patients. Refer patients to community and other social service resources as appropriate.
- Establish referral network/linkages with outside agencies.
- Participate with team members in developing and implementing program policies and procedures and preventing crisis.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) with an active, unrestricted New York State License to practice Social Work
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years related experience (occupational health or related field preferred)
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations for Medicare and Medicaid and other national and state funded programs
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Ability to effectively screen and stratify patients who are appropriate for services
- Ability to manage a caseload of patients who are in need of case management
- Ability to make appropriate referrals to internal and external programs that meet the patient’s needs
- Ability to create and execute case management care plans and document per EH policies and procedures
- Ability to engage and diffuse crisis situations
- Ability to work effectively with patients, their families, professionals, and other personnel from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate professionally with all necessary parties associated with the patient’s care plan
- Requisition ID: 2008T