Maintains overall cleanliness of the facility by performing several general housekeeping duties. Utilizes power-cleaning equipment on a daily basis. Disposes of trash, including corrugated boxes, appropriately using the trash compactor. Drives various equipment throughout the facility to accomplish tasks.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Disposes of trash including corrugated boxes, using the trash compactor, and segregates and recycles as appropriate. Reports any safety or hazardous problems to the supervisor or management. May drive various equipment throughout the facility to accomplish tasks.
- Sweeps, mops, and empties the trash from the warehouse and office areas of the assigned facility. May drive various equipment throughout the facility to accomplish tasks.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to pass machine driver safety training for all required equipment. Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at:www.henryschein.com/careers.