Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 207 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Processing and application of ACH payments
- Assist with Lockbox and Wire payments
- Research and resolve unapplied ACH, Wire Payments & Cash Payments
- Integrate previous day ACH payments to Great Plains
- Handle Customer Account reconciliations regarding payments
- Retrieve deposit reports and ACH/Wire reports from Online Banking Systems
- Communication with both internal and external customers via phone and Ticketing system
- 2+ years in accounts receivable and/or cash applications & customer service experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, and Outlook)
- Experience with Great Plains or similar Accounting Software
- Basic understanding of Ticketing Systems
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Highly analytical, detail oriented, and problem solving skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position reports to the Manager of Credit & Collections.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.