Founded in 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute is the largest independent medical oncology/hematology practice in the United States. With over 200 physicians, based in 100+ locations across Florida, we are committed to providing world-class cancer care in community-based settings close to home.
Our 3000+ team members enjoy:
- Work/Life balance – many locations have no weekend and/or night shift hours
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
o Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
o Paid time off
o Holiday pay
o Tuition reimbursement
o CEU hours
o 401(k) with company match
Our Corporate Office in Ft. Myers is searching for a Cash Applications Team Lead to join our team!
Act as team lead for assigned department. Fill in as needed to post payments, working patient and insurance refunds requests and to complete the Daily Deposit Close Summary. Work special projects, perform department audits and assist with training. Compile stats based on work processed, error rate and trends. Supply feedback to assist with reviews and employee directives.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- At least two years of prior work experience in the medical field with experience in medical billing, posting and/or collections.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as explanation of benefits (EOB).
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding terminology, (CPT, ICD-9, HCPS), and insurance/reimbursement practices.
- Past leadership or managerial experience preferable.
- Strong communication skills.