Primary LocationCA-Los Angeles
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Cash Custodian – Los Angeles
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Seattle Branch has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cash Custodian. The Cash Custodian performs custodial duties as a member of a currency or coin handlingteam,receives, verifies, processes, destroys, packages, and distributes valuables in a production-oriented, highly controlled environment.
- Handles significant quantities of currency and coin
- Accurately and thoroughly completes and reviews documentation related to the handling and accounting of valuables
- Accurately balances physical holdings to the electronic inventory operating system. Reviews records of transactions for accuracy and completeness in a timely manner
- Communicates and interacts with others effectively and professionally. Notifies appropriate personnel of equipment or system problems, and shares details of complex situations
- Meets production targets while maintaining stringent quality and compliance to required controls in a fast-paced environment. Ability to quickly perform multiple duties, at times simultaneously, as part of the team
- Meets Bank and department attendance standards
- Works effectively in a team environment by displaying strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- At times may work independently, requiring strong use of time management and the ability to communicate with management effectively
- Operates material handling equipment (i.e., pallet jacks, fork lifts, currency processing systems). Receives required training and certification to operate equipment
- Safely handle contaminated currency using appropriate personal protective equipment
- Is able to physically detect counterfeits and altered notes through manual inspection. Obtains and maintains required counterfeit certification
- Demonstratesa broad understanding of all applicable procedures, custody controls, and data security requirements asestablishedby the United States Treasury Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP), the BoardofGovernors,United States Mint, Federal Reserve System, District and local department operating manuals. Strict adherence to these procedures is required at all times; procedural deviations must be immediately reported to management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years directly related Cash operations experience desirable
- Basic math and accounting skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and balancing
- Proficient PC operating skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and the ability to learn and understand required procedures and automation systems. Retains and applies information while performing responsibilities
- Ability to lift, move, and push up to 50lbs often and frequently, move and push containers weighing up to 1200lbs
- Ability to stand for extended lengths of time
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.