The Cashier is responsible for receiving and disbursing money in establishments other than financial institutions. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Position may also involve processing credit or debit card transactions, and validating checks.
• If applying for an airport location, you must be able to pass standard TSA badging requirements in order to work in the airport.
• Highly skilled in providing prompt and friendly customer service
• In-depth knowledge of operating cash register and maintaining cash drawer
• Well versed in performing monetary transactions such as giving and receiving change
• Able to maintain clean, neat and correctly stocked check stand and safe and secure work area
• Knowledge of gift cards, travelers checks, and cash, processing coupons, and refunds
• Demonstrated ability to balance all transactions run through assigned register, including layaway payments, checks, register receipts, currency, and credit card
• Proven record of processing exact and efficient sale and return transactions
• Able to maintain knowledge of current product location
• Dedicated and meticulous—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer: Skilled in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Able to answer telephone and perform light housekeeping tasks
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITES
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Greet customers entering establishments.
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.