1. Greet all customers entering the store to create a friendly and inviting shopping experience.
2. Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card.
3. Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, coupons, or automatic debits.
4. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
5. Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
6. Thank the customer for shopping at Alamo Ace Hardware.
7. Request information or assistance using the store radio system.
8. Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, location, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
9. Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices.
10. Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
11. Any other responsibilities given by management.
1. Make customers the first priority.
2. The ability to clearly communicate information and ideas written or verbally to associates and customers.
3. Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills with a strong willingness to learn.
4. Exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
1. Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
2. Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store.
3. Bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
Must have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
Starting wage: $12.00 - $14/hour, depending on experience.
Flexible scheduling available.
Health, vision, and dental benefits available.