Boston Logan International Airport is New England’s primary airport and one of the nation’s busiest transportation hubs. Starting mid-2018 through 2019, Delaware North will bring its world-class travel hospitality expertise to the 36 million-plus travelers who pass through the airport each year with a wide array of new food, beverage and retail offerings that are true taste of Boston. Full- and quick-service restaurants and retail outlets will be located throughout the airport, with locations in multiple-terminals.The Opportunity
Under the direction of the Lead/Supervisor, operates point of sale (POS) system and serves guests in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
* Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of amount owed.
* Collects the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change for guests.
* Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
*Applicants must have the ability to pass a TSA/Federal background screen as per airport requirements
Foodservice duties (if applicable)
* Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions and while following proper sanitation guidelines
* Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, including requesting identification, and adhering to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
* Records all waste.
* Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques
* Performs clean-up duties to maintain quality appearance of work area
* Participates in work area set-up
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Previous cash handling experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
* Basic math skills; ability to accurately count change and balance bank
* Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
* Ability to work effectively with others
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* Ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift
* Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
* Ability to perform normal lifting of stock, up to 50 pounds.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
* May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for hi/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.