The Front of House (FOH) Team plays a vital role in providing PHP Hospitality with friendly, responsive service creating a great experience for our guests. This team initiates transactions, takes orders, expedites items coming from the kitchen, delivers the food and keeps the guest area spotless. Each person will start as a trainee and move to rookie and then veteran as their knowledge grows. If desired and earned, FOH Lead and Captain positions are available.
The following outlines the core skills and experience prerequisites for the FOH roles:
- Contribute to a positive and supportive work environment
- Respond positively to coaching, mentoring and guidance
- Love a high-volume environment and making new friends daily
- Food Handler’s Certification
- TABC required for FOH & Bar, preferred for all
- Flexible Schedule with evening availability
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Complete opening and closing checklists, including daily and weekly cleaning tasks.
- Understand and comply consistently with our rules, policies and procedures.
- Know our food menu, including possible allergens with the ability to relay it to guests.
- Have a cursory understanding of our beer, both in broad terms and what is currently available.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Take food orders from guests; accurately enter orders in our point-of-sale.
- Accept payment, process credit card charges or make change accurately.
- Handle phone orders with professionalism and accurately collect information needed to complete order.
- Run food from expeditor to the guest. Repeating delivery items, alerting the guest of upcoming items, and ensuring the experience meets Pinthouse standards.
- Clean tables and dining room surfaces continuously throughout the shift.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Inform manager-on-duty immediately of any guest issues or threats to guest experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty