We are looking for highly experienced, highly motivated & highly talented cashiers to contribute top tier performance at Mariners Food Services. The Global Café serves breakfast and lunch and prepares scratch cooking for large catered events on campus through our catering department. Our operations are fast paced, high quality and customer service focused. The main focus of this role is to assist in providing each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection through our talented Cashiers.
The ideal cashier is self-motivated, friendly and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting customers and completing their transactions and running their meal to their table
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the restaurant's menu and products
- Suggest additional items to customers, as appropriate
- Assist with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance and offering assistance as needed
- Support other areas of the restaurant as requested, such as seating customers, answering telephones, stock work, cleanup and documentation, etc
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food service/hospitality desired, but not required
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Strong math and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on church and store needs
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations
California Applicants: A California Food Handler Card is required for all foodservice employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants/coffee bars in California.