Must be 21+
Pay $12.00 per hour
Under the direction of Store Manager responsible for the daily operations of a retail store at Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort. Primary functions are sales, stocking, organizing, cleaning and inventory.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Adhere to all department and company policies and procedures.
- Reports to work on time and in uniform.
- Meets all guest needs during the course of the transaction in order to achieve a positive experience, by ringing up sales, helping with product selection, handling returns, giving refunds, and addressing customer questions.
- Stock shelves in a timely matter and making sure product is properly rotated. (FIFO).
- Responsible for making sure the store is clean at all times.
- Maintain a high level of productivity without direct supervision.
- Maintain and follow our customer service guidelines and standards.
- Accuracy with accounting procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be 21+ for the sale of alcohol
- Requires task specific training such as computer software training, typing skills, or other specialized training.
Skills & Knowledge
- Requires the ability to use a cash register, inventory gun, telephone and other office related equipment. Responsible for the care of office equipment used and for notifying supervisors about necessary repairs or equipment for the store.
- Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. For example, will use best judgment when answering customer questions within job scope. May select solutions from a number of established courses of action.
- Regularly scheduled work shifts, requires being on-call and working weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Variable Shifts during operating hours: Summer hours 8:00am to 8:30pm. Winter hours 7:30am to 9:00pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.