Please review the Important information for all USC job applicants page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
From fine dining restaurants to residential dining, USC Hospitality serves over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff, as well as our many visitors. Hospitality is one of the six core business units that comprise USC Auxiliary Services and one of the largest employers on campus. We are renowned for our fresh take on self-operated food concepts with 43 restaurants between both campuses. The team at USC Hospitality is led by innovative executive chefs and directors who strive every day to craft nourishing and wholesome alternatives for our hungry Trojan Family and our guests.
Students, faculty, staff and visitors on the Health Sciences Campus (HSC) count on USC Hospitality to provide a fresh, made-to-order, wholesome meal. With options including Qwench, Starbucks, and Panda Express, HSC exceeds all of our customers’ expectations for convenient and satisfying cuisine. Also located on the HSC campus, Seeds Marketplace (Seeds North) and Plaza Marketplace offer handcrafted and customizable salads, sandwiches and smoothies, as well as grab and go snacks and beverages. We take pride in providing extraordinary service and plentiful high-quality food options that reflect the Trojan focus on excellence.
We are seeking a Cashier to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you passionate about providing exceptional service? Do you take pride in exceeding expectations? As a key customer-facing member of our team, the Cashier will have the opportunity to provide exceptional, and memorable, customer service to our students, faculty, staff, and guests. You will ensure that our guests’ needs are met efficiently and accurately, all with a warm, polite demeanor. We want our guests to remember that you provided the best USC experience, so that they are eager to return!
- Provide customer service to faculty, staff, students, and guests. Perform sales transactions utilizing department standards and policies.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities. Assist in kitchen sanitation program. Comply with standard food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to department service standards and to all health, safety and University rules and regulations.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required. Report to station, ready to work at the time work assignment is scheduled to begin.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 6 months - 1 year.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Demonstrated cash handling experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail or cafeteria environment.
- Knowledge of food sanitation procedures.
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Presents oneself professionally, in line with higher education environment.
What We Prefer:
- 1 year of cash handling experience in a quick service restaurant.
- Experience in a face-to-face customer service environment.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- : dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- : discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Less than high school
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated cash handling skills. Knowledge of food handling and sanitation procedures. Ability to lift 30 lbs. Demonstrated customer service experience. Experience working in a fast paced working environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$43002.htmld