Welcome and warmly greet Guests on arrival. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our Guests to a table that best serves their wishes. Close Guest checks and ensure no complaints leave the restaurant unattended.
As a Host/Hostess you will work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced environment to deliver the best dining experience to our Guests.
- Warmly and graciously greet all Guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for Guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- When immediate seating is limited, record Guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide Guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodate special seating requests for Guests whenever possible.
- Seat guest Guests based on Guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, let the Guests know their Server's name and offer them a menu. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to Servers and Guest Assistants as needed.
- Inquire about the Guests' experience and handle or inform the General Manager, Manager or Shift Leader of any issues.
- Take proper payment for the Guests' check.
- Thank Guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the predominant language(s) of our Guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.