Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects cash, checks or charge payments from guests.
- Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements during work shift.
- Greets guests as they enter the dining area.
- Organizes seating chart; designates sections.
- Responsible for seating guests.
- Answers the phone, takes orders and cleans as necessary.
- Knows menu and can describe items.
- Knows current specials and promotions.
- Responsible for setting-up cash drawer and following security procedures.
- Assists in other areas of the restaurant when needed.
- Responsible for completing opening and/or closing checklists.
- Other duties as assigned by Company Management.
(Minimum requirements for entry into position)
- Entry-level position.
Skills And Characteristics Required
- Must have basic math skills and have the ability to handle money accurately.
- Must be pleasant, personable and friendly.
- Sense of urgency.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors and employees. Must have the ability to remain stationary for periods of up to four hours in length.
Typical restaurant environment.
Reports to: Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt