Rate of pay: Probation rate - $ 11.77 Reg. rate : $13.29; Work Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.; # of Hours/Days: 3.75hrs/5daysDuties & Responsibilities: (Primary Function, Major Responsibilities, Summary of key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships
1. Operates a point of sale computer terminal to document daily sales. Utilizes district food service management software.
2. Documents an accurate daily count of student meals served by category- full price, reduced price or free.
3. Maintains accurate records of adult meals, student prepayments, milk and a la carte sales daily.
4. Responsible for charging correct prices for food and/or meals, making accurate change, and compiling daily bank deposits.
5. Monitors student meal selections to guarantee compliance with federal School meal standards.
6. Assist with garbage removal & cleaning of cafeteria floors and tables.
7. May assist in preparing and portioning of food, setting up, cleaning and maintaining the service areas..
8. Maintains standards of sanitation and safety.
9. Communicates effectively with students, faculty, parents, fellow workers and supervisors personally, on the phone, via email, and in writing.
Maintains good public relations.
10. May assist manager or cook-in-charge with computer data entry.
11. May assist in processing Meal Benefit Applications.
12. Performs duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the "Davenport Community School District Cashier Handbook."
13. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
14. Must be willing to support and implement Davenport’s multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) for both behavior and academics.
15. Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students to ensure each child reaches his/her full potential.
16. Good attendance and punctuality are a must to ensure that the duties and responsibilities of the job are performed successfully.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
- The cashier is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment; able to lift materials weighting at least 46 pounds; may be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
--EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE- The School Food Service Cashier shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. It is required that the cashier has a high school diploma or GED.
-- Successful completion of the following classes is required within 1st
year of employment: Nutrition 101 and Focus on the Customer for School Nutrition Assistants.
--If working 6 hours or more, completion of a Food Safety in Schools/Serving It Safe class is required.
--Computer experience (Email, Word and Excel) is preferred but not required.