This position is a key point of contact for customer service in the store setting, so successful candidates must be courteous, professional and have strong interpersonal skills. Basic responsibilities include checking out shoppers in large and small grocery store settings, assisting shoppers in locating items, and creating a pleasant overall shopping experience for all customers.
- Responsible for greeting , making eye contact and "Thanking" each customer that you service.
- Responsible for delivering a friendly, helpful, easy and safe shopping experience that meets our customer's expectations.
- Responsible for projecting oneself in a professional manner in accordance with our dress code.
- Quickly and efficiently checking items in a cashier lane.
- Maintaining current knowledge of all government regulations regarding WIC orders, food stamps, health department guidelines, alcohol and tobacco sales, and lottery sales (where applicable).
- Promoting sales of additional items.
- Maintaining not only a clean cashier stand, but a clean overall store.
- Sacking groceries for customers as needed.
- Returning products to shelves.
- Assisting customers in locating items throughout the store.
- Counting exchange media accurately including cash, check, WIC, food stamps, coupons, ect.
- Handle customer complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous manner and follow through to the best possible resolution.
- Other Duties may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be reliable.
- Must show a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to read and write at the 8th grade level.
- Ability to count money.
- Constant standing 4-8 hour shifts.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, and reaching.
- Repetitive use of left or right hand, wrist, arm and shoulder.
- Frequent lifting from waist to shoulders of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally lifting from floor to waist of up to 36 pounds.
- Occasional carrying of up to 15 pounds.
- Occasional pushing and pulling of up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a store environment.