Greet and seat guests promptly, cheerfully, and courteously. Take guest remittance as required and make every effort to ensure the quality of the guest's dining experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP employees and guests.
- Greet guests as they enter the restaurant (within 30 seconds) and seat them as soon as a table is available.
- Rotate station seating to ensure the quality of guest service.
- May handle guest complaints, inquire about the quality of the dining experience, thank guests, and invite them to return.
- Handle cash in an accurate and responsible manner.
- Take register readings, make interim cash reports, count cash register receipts, and make frequent cash drops according to Company cash-control policies.
- Answer the telephone, take messages, and take and complete all To Go orders.
- Maintain guest checks in numerical order.
- Maintain a waiting list as necessary.
- Check restrooms hourly to ensure proper stock levels and cleanliness.
- Clear, clean, and reset tables and clean chairs, booths, and floors after guests leave.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per IHOP SOP guidelines.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager, or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English to understand guest checks, instructions, warning and safety labels, and communicate with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
IHOP training course work as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.