What You'll Do:
A Fresh Market Cashier provides fast, friendly, and accurate check out services for our guests using computerized cash register systems. A big smile, basic math skills, accuracy, and a sense of urgency are important, as is the ability to memorize product identification codes and weekly ad specials. Cashiers are tasked with bagging their guests' orders and helping shoppers find items in the store. They assist in the cleaning and dusting of the checkout stands and surrounding areas and may take “return” products back to proper shelf locations.
What you will do in a typical day:
- Guest Service is a priority! Provide excellent guest service by:
- Greeting guests and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance with accurate and timely information, making product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Smooth and efficient checkout of guests, including bagging products, answering guest questions regarding store specials, products, and services offered.
- Merchandising and stocking a variety of the front end’s products and specialty items throughout the day. Assist all activities on the front-end department, including price checks and product returns.
- Ensuring all guest bathrooms are cleaned by washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, and washing floors.
- Gather shopping carts from parking lots, assist in the prompt cleanup of spills and attend to other general housekeeping duties through out the store & front end.
- Follow all cash handling procedures including and not limited to ATM, credit, debit, gift card and proper check procedures. Maintain a balanced and organized cash till throughout scheduled shift.
- Minimizing Risk is critical. Ensure that TFM quality and safety standards are followed, including the inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation guides, operating equipment in a safe manner and completing all necessary reports/logs.
- Observing all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
Working Condition & Physical Requirements
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, lifting, bending, reaching and exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his/her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-60 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 80 pounds occasionally
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, ladders, step stool and box cutters.
It’s a bonus if you bring:
- Experience in the retail, restaurant, or hospitality industries
- Cash handling experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.