SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Cashier for SMG/Sames Auto Arena. This position is responsible for taking orders and receiving payment at various food stations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
* Set up Concession stand prior to opening with condiments, napkins, utensils, etc.
* Take customer orders and communicate them to the kitchen
* Operate cash register which includes punching in orders, taking cash/credit cards and giving customer appropriate change
* Organize and serve customers with food ordered in a timely manner
* Establish and maintain positive client/customer relationships
* Clean and maintain Concession stands
* Perform other duties as assigned
* MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD TO APPLY
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Must have or complete a TABC certification and a Food Handler's certification
Skills and Abilities
* Must have attention to detail
* Must have good oral and written communication skills
* Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
* Must have strong customer service skills
* Must have good organizational skills
* Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures
* Must be able to pass credit background check
* Must be able to work flexible hours, irregular hours may exist
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
* Position requires walking and standing regularly
* Daily lifting and carrying up to 20-50 lbs up to 10 minutes at a time
* Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
* Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
* Irregular hours dictated by events
* Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Kimberly Cruz at (956) 523-6571.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled