Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Overland Park Scheels is currently seeking a Part-Time Cashier - Evenings and Weekends. The Part-Time Scheels Cashier is responsible for processing accurate and efficient sales transactions while engaging with our customers to ensure a pleasant experience. Starting pay is $13.00 per hour.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Greet all customers when entering and exiting the store
- Promote the Scheels Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly explain all benefits
- Accurately balance cash drawer at the beginning and the end of the day
- Maintain a clean working environment and personal work space
- Engage in conversation with the customer to add a personal touch to each and every transaction.
- End each transaction by saying “thank you” to every customer.
- Assist in all other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement while contributing to a positive team atmosphere
- Exercise judgment and tact while working with customers or co workers
- Strong oral/written communication and reading skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work assigned schedules which may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and or 1-3 months of cashiering experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. The average hours worked per week is 15 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.