Crown Ace Hardware, an award winning chain of 16 family-owned stores in Southern California and Arizona, is looking for experienced cashiers for our Lake Havasu locations. These are hands-on positions, working directly with customers, merchandise, and staff. As a team member, you will model outstanding customer service, support the manager in growing the store, and handle day-to-day tasks.
Our staff ranges from age 18 to 80, from part-time students and retirees, to full-time paint, garden and other trade experts. Crown is made of service-minded individuals who are dedicated to our mission to be the most helpful hardware store on the planet. We are interested in candidates who love to interact with people and may want to grow with Crown. We offer several levels of training to make the job more enjoyable and profitable. We invite highly motivated, energetic, team-focused individuals to apply today.
Drug/alcohol screening is required as part of the pre-employment process. Crown is dedicated to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
The Cashiers' primary responsibility is to demonstrate the foundation of our service to each customer as they enter and leave the store, and support our mission statement of being the most helpful hardware stores on the planet! The ability to truly leave a positive impact on our customers is the goal for every cashier. Thus, a personality and approach that strongly supports and represents the Crown Core Values and Expectations is required. And, an enthusiastic, positive and supportive attitude is essential.
The major responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service which follows the S.A.L.E.S. process and by mystery shop standards.
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Give 100% attention to the customer you are serving and always thank each customer for their business.
- Answer phone calls with proper greeting.
- Tactfully, professionally and pleasantly deal with customers.
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card or to utilize their existing account
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers (Point of Sale Terminals) and maintain all cash at registers.
- Call for backup cashiers when needed.
- Suggestive selling on things like our UPT/Active Selling program, advertised items, etc.
- Issuing receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers by following policy and procedures.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Responsive of safety issues.
- Conscious of shoplifting activity.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by store management and support the management team.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
High School diploma or GED equivalent or a current student.
Experience in a retail environment either in cashier, sales, or back office preferred
Experience in other "people focused" positions or endeavors.
Ability to process information and/or merchandise through register system (Point of Sale)
Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills with a strong willingness to learn.
Knowledge of retail computer systems, electronic cash registers
Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff and customers a normal in-person and phone conversation.
Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel.
Rate of Pay: Dependent upon education and experience.