As a cashier, you are the first person a Customer sees as they walk through the door and the last person they work with when they leave. You fully understand and appreciate that West Marine exists to provide excellent Customer service and expert product knowledge. Our Customers come to us to fulfill a need, complete a project on their boat, or gather items for a great day on the water. You and your team are key to ensuring they leave with the right products to make that happen. Each interaction with a West Marine Customer is an opportunity for you to exceed expectations and ensure they remain a loyal Customer.
- Keen interest in providing great Customer interactions while sharing knowledge and passion about our products.
- Ability to process a wide variety of transactions to help Customers seamlessly complete their purchases.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable in small groups and in individual interactions to solve problems.
- Proficient in selling products and services.
- Available to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
Why West Marine?
We take care of our Customers, we take care of each other and we value our local communities. These founding principles were just as important to our mission statement 50 years ago when we began, as they are today. We are enthusiastic about serving boaters where they live, where they boat, and in our local communities.
We offer competitive benefits, including:
- Healthcare coverage for full-time Associates
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
Our goal is to be the best boating supply company in the country and we do this by living our values. Our values are built around superior Customer service, being trustworthy, transparent, supportive, and collaborative. Come join our team!
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Actively participate and collaborate with other Associates to achieve business goals.
- Has a passion for boating or for life on and around the water.
- Ability to lift and mobilize items weighing 40 pounds to shoulder height, unassisted.