Cashiers are responsible for honest quick and efficient sales transactions at the register. A cashier is required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor at all times. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by Super King Markets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures each customer who passes through their lane receives outstanding service by greeting and acknowledging every customer, inquiring if any assistance is needed, listening to the needs of customers, maintaining solid product knowledge, and thanking them for shopping.
- Maintains friendly and respectful decorum at all times toward customers, co-workers, vendors and all others.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed, and ready to work; work all scheduled shifts and attend required trainings and meetings.
- Periodically, walks store to ensure awareness of promotional and sales items as well as weekly advertisements, and new produce items.
- Ensures accurate and efficient operation of the register; includes cash management of the drawer throughout their shift, correct distribution of change and ensuring debit and credit are processed properly. Periodically and successfully completes produce identification test.
- Maintains orderly appearance of check out area
- In the absence of a Courtesy Clerk, cashiers will bag groceries appropriately.
- Communicates customer concerns and request to management.
- Properly verifies age of any customer buying age restricted products.
- Follows company policy regarding food stamp and WIC program.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, read and hear in English. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand for prolonged periods; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, and crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to process information/merchandise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with customers and other staff members.
- Must have basic knowledge of math, weights and measures; ability to read, count and write to accurately complete required documentation
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times
- Must be able to work under high volume conditions with little to no supervision
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates including nights and weekends as required.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least (20)pounds
Super King Markets is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status, or any other status protected by law.