Customer service is our number one priority. Our CSRs are not just cashiers. Our CSRs are required to perform the following:
- Provide an enthusiastic greeting to all customers upon entering the store or on the phone.
- Get to know your customers and use their name.
- Go out of your way to make customers feel important and valued. Give 100% attention to customers.
- Move quickly to provide fast service.
- Offer suggestions and promotions.
- Thank customers for their business and invite them back.
Without our customers we would not be in business. It’s imperative they receive 100% of our attention and we show appreciation for their business.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cash Handling
- Rings up all sales showing amount due; responsible for all cash including monies received and disbursed during the assigned shift, in the form of cash, credit cards, or any other acceptable form of payment
- Responsible for suggestive selling products or merchandise to customers
- Rings up credit card sales and processes credit cards according to company and credit card guidelines
- Makes routine cash drops to the safe, as identified in company Cash Handling Policy.
- Maintain a minimum cash drawer according to company policy.
- Scan or ring up all merchandise
- Complete end of shift paperwork with accuracy, including adding and subtracting, and verifying lottery tickets
- Cleaning and Housekeeping: Inside
- Restrooms: clean toilet, sink, mirror, walls, and ceiling. Keep clean and odor free. Soap towels and toilet paper stocked.
- Floors: Sweep and mop store floors, keep free of trash, spills, and stains; rugs swept and free of trash
- Shelves: Clean and dust free; maintain shelf labels as needed; merchandise clean and dust free; assist with store resets including removing product from shelves, move shelving, etc.
- Coolers: Clean doors and shelves, keep free of stains and spills
- Trash Cans: Emptied, clean and bags tucked out of site
- Doors & Windows: Clean and free of dirt and smudges
- POS Counter Area: Clean and organized; free of trash
- Coffee and Fountain Area: Clean, free of spills and trash
- Clean and organize stockroom and cooler
- Cleaning and Housekeeping: Outside
- Parking Lot: Sweep and free of all trash, oil, gas spots, cigarette butts, and weeds
- Fuel Island: Clean dispenser pumps and nozzles, fill windshield washer buckets; squeegies and towels on all islands
- Sidewalks: Clean, stain and trash free
- Trash Cans: Clean, not overflowing, and bags tucked
- Car Wash: Sweep inside