We are looking for new people join our Earth Fare Team! We ask that team members have open availability.
Position Summary: The Cashier is responsible for upholding Earth Fare’s Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed while adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. They provide exceptional customer service while receiving payments by cash, check, travelers check, credit card, voucher or automatic debit. They issue customer receipts, refunds, credits and change due from transactions. They support a welcoming environment by smiling and greeting each customer and managing the flow and wait time at the customer checkout.
- Upholds and supports the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and customer service creed while maintaining a clean, organized, safe and secure work environment. (20%)
- Operational Tasks: This role manages the customer check out at the store by providing fast, efficient, accurate transactions and a welcoming atmosphere. The Cashier receives payments, and issues receipts, vouchers and credits to customers while verifying proper security and loss prevention measures. The Cashier answers store phone calls and pages appropriate departments/team members to answer customer inquiries. They maintain an accurate cash drawer while sorting, counting and wrapping currency for efficient balancing each shift. The cashier processes customer returns/exchanges and provides accurate product and policy information to customers. They manage customer flow so the checkout is timely and conducive to a positive shopping experience. The Cashier is also responsible for helping maintain a clean and sanitary restroom in the store. They also attend required department and store meetings. (60%)
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive Front End Department by implementing Earth Fare merchandising/marketing guidelines as outlined by the Front End Manager. (10%)
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations/cash registers. (10%)
Total Percentage Equals 100%
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have strong communication skills and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task while assisting customers and team mates.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Front End Manager and other store management.
- Must have proficient math skills.
- Must have proficient cash handling skills.
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- Will stand and be on ones feet during scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one’s during the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.