Responsible for the implementation and the compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, and supervise the operation of assigned table games to ensure game integrity and customer satisfaction.
Pearl River Resort Associates are required, on a continual basis to…
Adhere to any and all company and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Contribute to a safe work environment, through compliance with established safety guidelines, identifying potential safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate person for proper resolution.
Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
Enforces performance standards, policies and procedures relating to table games including but not limited to; Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat or any other game approved for play by the Choctaw Gaming Commission, ensuring compliance with the Gaming regulations.
- Responsible for checking bank roll from previous shift to ensure accuracy; assists count team in physical count of bankroll at shift change.
- Observes game, players and dealers, to ensure accuracy of game and ensures games played, and ensures game protection.
- Direct and supervise dealers in assigned area.
- Ensures that all games move at an appropriate pace.
- Promotes positive guests relations providing a delightful gaming experience by, answering questions, resolving disputes, calling beverage servers, comping etc.
- Assists in training and evaluating of subordinate associates in a fair and equitable manner.
- Responsible for accurately tracking players, noting buy-ins, length of play, win/loss and average bet.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Is familiar with pit accounting procedures and administrative tasks, i.e., fills, credits, marker transactions and responsibilities.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality including guests and fellow associate’s information.
- Leads by setting a positive example to all Associates.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Directly supervises the daily activities of all dealers on assigned shift.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing and training Associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AGE and GAMING:
21 years of age or above
Gaming property – Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED is required. Two (2) years’ experience in the table games department is preferred.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Must have formal training of Blackjack, Three Card Poker, and Mini Baccarat. Roulette, Craps and Boxperson experience required. Must have successfully completed Title 31 training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must have proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and selected Casino Management Systems.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least twenty five (25) pounds, walk or stand for 100% of the assign shift and have sufficient dexterity of bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling required throughout shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is loud. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment (tobacco).
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.