At United Security Health & Casualty, our employees are our biggest asset! It is our mission to attract and retain intelligent, motivated, ethical employees who strive for excellence and growth, and to keep those employees happy and engaged. We provide the tools and the support our employees need to grow both professionally and personally. We encourage self-improvement and celebrate success by rewarding ideas and results. We realize the strength of teamwork and its ability to join individuals together and push and pull each other, with a synergy that can only be found in groups of good people sharing ideas. Join in on the excitement and become part of our thriving organization!
We are seeking an experienced Casualty Claims Specialist!
The Casualty Claims Specialist will be responsible for investigating and settlement of automobile bodily injury claims. They will settle complex liability claims which require greater investigation and verification, as well as casualty claims including severe injuries which may result in extended disability or bodily injury as well as coverage related litigation.
The Casualty Claims Specialist will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Review & determine course of action on each file assigned, utilizing technical knowledge & experience for the purpose of supporting final disposition of a loss.
- Conduct thorough investigations and keep accurate and relevant documentation of file activity on each claim assigned including coverage, liability status, and damages that are applicable for each claim.
- Process Bodily Injury, and coverage claims in accordance with established office procedures.
- Work closely with Third Parties, plaintiff counsel, Claim Director and Chief
- Operating Officer to determine necessary injury and coverage investigation.
- Research case and statutory law in order to conduct proper claim investigation.
- Document policy status, coverage, liability and damages on all claims and notify re-insurer on qualifying claims.
- Prepare and present claim evaluations for the appropriate settlement authority.
- Maintain reasonable expense factors.
- Handle other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years in Casualty claims experience a MUST!
- Knowledge of legal and medical terminology.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pass written examinations where required by state statutes to become a licensed claims adjuster.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.