Casualty Sr. Claim Examiner
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
• Analyze first report to determinenature of loss, coverage provided and scope of injury/damage.
• Deliver superiorcustomer service and satisfaction by initiating prompt contact, setting expectations, and effectively utilizingall available technology. Interacts with diverse customers, including insuredsand agents effectively, demonstrates full understanding of the customer’s, including insureds and agents, businessand operating environment.
• Apply knowledge of jurisdictional regulations and case law in all territories handled.
• Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims including potential fraud.
Secure all appropriate supporting documentation and verify same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
• Establish accurate and timely reserves.
• Seek technicalassistance, reserve and settlement authorityin handling claims exceeding delegated authority.
• Effective inventory management. Monitor same to achieve timely development of the file and timely disposition of the claim.
• Exercise good judgment in reaching final disposition of claim by evaluating nature of loss, liability, injury/damage, coverage providedand applicable limits.
• Effectively negotiate compromise settlements where appropriate.
• Recognize and pursue subrogation where applicable.
• Effectively control the use, work product and expensesof outside vendors.
• Actively participate in committees and task force projects related to department and/or branch business issues and quality initiatives.
Contributes to the development and deliveryof team results, objectives and goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulation
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to work well in team
• Innovative thinker with ability to multitask
• Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state licensures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum two years of insurance claims experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.