This position will be based out of Delaware North’s new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
Category Analyst–Beverage: Works within the established department framework, supporting procedures, programs, and quality standards governing the purchase of beverage and related categories where applicable, in accordance with DN specifications/standards and program agreements.
- Works with F&B management, culinary and other stakeholders to collect, organize, disseminate and interpret beverage spend data.
- Perform categorization and analysis of spend data, including consolidation and mapping on individual line item purchases.
- Examines cost of goods trends, financial results and other pertinent data, highlighting variances where applicable.
- Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and disseminate to management and stakeholders according to established schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining the flow of consolidated purchase data from third party data service providers, developing and maintaining reports measuring program compliance, generating categorized spend visibility reports from financial system.
- Assists in the process of analyzing market trends and the development of reports and analysis tools to support standards and specifications of the Company.
- Performing ongoing review and analysis of key spend data to measure compliance to contracted programs, as well as identify new areas of opportunity for cost reductions and category spend optimization.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with suppliers to stay current on new products, services, trends and technology, developing strong product category knowledge and knowledge of supplier capabilities.
- Performs analysis of purchases by manufacturer or distributor as needed, including analysis of spend data across key categories to measure compliance to contracted/programs, in addition to identifying opportunities for consolidating and leveraging spend.
- Work with internal business stakeholders to gather, assess, and understand business requirements and key category suppliers
- Perform spend analysis to enable development of detailed category plans for assigned categories in collaboration with department leadership.
- Where applicable, work with strategic sourcing team to develop new preferred programs that leverage spend, consolidate suppliers, rationalize sku’s with goal of delivering savings and increased overall value to DN.
- Seek process improvement opportunities, including ones that streamline process or result in cost savings.
- Work with preferred contracted suppliers and third part agency to ensure deliverables are on time, accurate and within budget.
- Track preferred contracted supplier program KPI’s and report results, identifying performance gaps.
- Actively support and where applicable, participate in contracting process with selected suppliers and internal stakeholders to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Where applicable, track budgets and report on monthly status, including allocation/ balance of beverage program funds managed through third party agency
- Track contracted program results, including supplier performance, compliance and overall financial performance; including savings generated, rebates earned, etc.
- Maintains DN beverage standards and ensures preferred contracted suppliers adhere to company standards.
- Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure compliance to policies, procedures and contract terms.
- Performs ongoing review and analysis of key spend data to measure compliance to contracted programs.
- Adhere to ethical procurement practices, including compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal/state/local regulations
- Ability to manage, organize and balance multiple priorities and changing client needs and expectations.
- Exhibit professional behavior in verbal and written communications with co-workers and suppliers.
- Closely collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver results and achieve desired outcomes.
Qualifications: BA/BS degree preferred in general business, supply chain or related field, or AAS with equivalent applicable related work experience. Good communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders and other supporting teams at various levels of organization. Ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain high level of organization, with the appropriate degree of flexibility to adjust to unforeseen change. Strong project management skills. 3+ years of procurement experience administering supplier programs, with knowledge of category management and beverage industry (retail or foodservice) helpful. Ability to manage, organize and balance multiple priorities and changing client needs. Solid financial acumen with analytical and problem solving skills. Experience working with commercial contract terms and service level agreements helpful. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including the ability to create/manage spreadsheets and perform quantitative analysis in MS Excel.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.