This position serves as a Supply Chain Category Lead, responsible for enabling Supplier Commercial Excellence in the assigned Categories. This position is responsible for executing the standard category management process of plan-strategy-source-perform.
The scope of this role includes, building & maintaining cross functional teams with the business to create prioritized sub-category profiles and business cases from plans, developing contracting strategies; executing strategic sourcing processes at enterprise and business function level; developing evaluations, managing negotiations, implementing contracts, and providing post-award contract management and oversight. The primary objective of this role is to create value through the supply chain in terms of safety, cost and performance.
This Leader will work autonomously but may require some supervision or guidance in areas where the knowledge or experience has not been fully developed.
- At all times the Lead shall put safety first, actively promoting safety in both the office environment and on-site/off-site visits at Entergy or supplier sites. Progresses Contractor Safety scope and contract language and monitors and influences suppliers to proactively identify any safety concerns. Support emergency response organizations.
- Subject matter expert for the business in category market conditions, sourcing strategies, supplier performance management.
- Responsible for driving exceptional total cost value creation by applying contemporary category management strategies – plan, strategy, source and perform. Includin
- Development of category profiles, sourcing processes, business cases and implementation plan’s that maximize value across spend under category management – progressing safety, performance and cost reduction opportunities.
- Utilize demand and supply plans to recommend and inform category sourcing initiatives. Accountable for working with the business to balance demand and supply by integrating operating plans. Maintain awareness of plant schedules and commitments (Milestones) to provide support to meet outage and project schedules.
- Analyses 3rd party spending, contracts and suppliers to ensure informed decision-making by related cross functional team. Gathers and leverages external intelligence on supply markets
- Identify and implement cost saving opportunities (including cost savings initiatives / programs) through rate reduction, process improvement, innovative incentive structures, or supplier collaboration.
- Negotiate/Bid/Source/Implement complex contracts or purchases
- Assist tactical groups in negotiating Terms and Conditions, Claims and Dispute Resolution.
- Leads negotiations and contract development for alliances and other complex companywide agreements.
- Lead the identification of spend to be managed enterprise wide and work with stakeholders to obtain alignment.
- Anticipates and minimizes performance issues via creation, monitoring and reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs). When Contractor performance issues emerge, identifies root causes and drives efficient resolution of issues at hand by working across both internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate rates, incentives, and cost structures of contracts to ensure consistency with market conditions.
- Monitor and help resolve contract claims, and administer the requirements of the contract
- Drives Entergy’s Sustainable Procurement and Supplier Diversity programs for categories assigned. Promote the use of diverse-owned businesses and the procurement of sustainable materials and services.
- Establish and maintain healthy and positive stakeholder relationships. This activity includes establishing cross-functional and cross-sector teams with key stakeholders and creating a multi-year demand plans with integrated supply chain solutions.
- Participate in Continuous Process Improvement teams to improve all aspects of the supply chain process and ensure effective implementation of those improvements.
- At all times the Lead shall operate with the highest ethical standards and in full compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws. Accountable through supply base partners to execute Entergy’s Supplier Diversity & Local Spend objectives.
- Responsible for complying with policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance against contracted obligations and business unit expectations.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Supply Chain, Business, or other related discipline OR in lieu of a degree, minimum 5+ years of category management, sourcing and contracting, or other related supply chain experience.
Preferred: Prior category management experience in support of the energy industry.
Certificates, licenses, etc.
Certification from an industry accreditation organization such as CPSM, APICS, etc.
Minimum experience required of the position
Category Leader I (Senior Category Specialist) - Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources, Benefits, or Supply Chain roles in strategic sourcing/category management.
Preferred Experience - Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources, Benefits, or Supply Chain roles in strategic sourcing/category management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Business acumen with knowledge of category management and supplier relationship/vendor management;
- Proficient understanding of capacity and cost structure of existing suppliers
- Proficient in supply market analysis and evolution through market intelligence
- Skillful in development of what the “cost to serve” is for various customers
- Skillful in the development of a clear strategy on how to develop supplier base
- Skillful in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Proficient understanding of process to actual performance to agreements (SLA’s)
- Strategic and creative thinking that produces a range of solutions to problems, anticipates changes in the business environment, makes data driven decisions, and is focused on continuous improvement
- Lead supplier negotiations that supports operational excellence through safety, price, quality, service and innovation
- Leadership with the skill to influence others to action through plan, strategy, source and perform;
- Deep understanding of business strategy development and application through pre- and post-award contract management
- Broad capability in building wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside of the supply chain organization
- Proficient understanding of financial acumen with ability to translate to co-workers
- Advanced skills in utilizing the tools skills and concepts to understand market conditions
- Deep knowledge of Supply Chain operations
- Advanced knowledge in utilizing business simulations/what if scenarios to drive recommendations
- Leader/coach in driving out what is important to your customer base
- Creation of Supply Chain and Entergy Goals while exceeding customers’ expectations and needs
- Consistently be the trusted advisor while developing co-workers
- Influencer of demand planning (Zero-based purchasing, pro-active purchase planning and hedging)
- Communicate complex scenarios and data with peers as well as various levels of management;
- Convey wide variety of communication types
- Ability to apply Project Management principles
- Insightful analytical skills that helped drive fact-based decisions
- Proficient commercial skills that include financial acumen
- Advises on the development and implementation of process optimization across all functions of Supply Chain
- Lead integration of benchmarking into judgement and decision making
- Create an understanding of key success factors for successful implementations
- Deep understanding of the change management process
Primary Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 91800
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.